Here are some tips for the best way to clean eyeglasses. It's simple to keep your lenses clean and you really don't need a special eye glass cleaner.
For a quick clean:
Use a microfiber cleaning cloth (you will get one with your Digby Duke order). Do not use paper towels, toilet paper or other fabrics to wipe your glasses as this can ruin the anti-scratch and anti-reflection coatings on your lenses.
For a more thorough clean:
1. Rinse your glasses under cold or lukewarm water to remove any gritty particles that can potentially cause scratches on your lenses during cleaning, if dragged across the lens surface. Do not use hot water as anti-reflection coating is fragile and can be ruined.
2. Use a a mild soap, such as a liquid dish washing or hand soap, to remove facial oils, fingerprints, and smudges.
3. Rinse with lukewarm water.
4. Let the glasses air dry or dry with a nonabrasive cotton cloth or microfiber cloth. You can use a towel but make sure it's 100% cotton and not a cotton mix.
5. Finish by polishing with your microfiber cleaning cloth.
If you do wish to use a commercial eye glass cleaner, please make sure that it's recommended for lenses with anti-reflection coating.
Can I use alcohol to clean my lenses?
How do I clean my microfiber cleaning cloth?